Guidelines for clothing on Nature Walks:
We believe all children have the right to experience and enjoy the essential and special nature of being outdoors. Young children thrive and their minds and bodies develop best when they have free access to stimulating outdoor environments for learning through play and real experiences. Knowledgeable and enthusiastic adults are crucial to unlocking the potential of outdoors. Fresh air and exercise are important factors in promoting good physical health. Outdoor play will be encouraged in all weathers, with the appropriate care taken to protect children.
Your child needs to bring a suitable child-sized back pack to carry their morning tea and a drink bottle of water in. (This is provided by you).
In order to enjoy Nature Walks your child needs to be dressed appropriately.
We will be outside in all weathers!
To enable your child to fully experience play opportunites offered, you are requested not to send your child to All About Children (Formerly known as Bronwyn's Place) in expensive clothing that could restrict any play opportunities that your child is able to participate in.
We recommend in winter:
- Suitable water-proof clothing will be provided by you to enable your child to experience splashing in puddles and playing in the rain
- Lots of layers (thermal, long-sleeved tops, jumpers, warm water-proof jackets)
- Thick socks and gum boots
- Beanie, warm gloves & scarf
We have purchased water-proof pants and these are available as needed. They are great for keeping out wind as well as moisture.
We recommend in Summer:
- Lots of layers (singlets, tee shirt, long-sleeved top, jumper, warm jacket)
- Socks and closed in shoes/sneakers (no jandals or sandals)
- A named sunhat